Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Words cannot express my gratitude for everyone's amazing commitment to pray for our family.   This blog has been a blessing to me in so many ways, and to hear some of you tell me that it has blessed you is beyond humbling.   So many of you have passed along our story and strangers have introduced themselves to me, sharing that they have been reading this blog.  This is honestly amazing to me.

This journey has been, for me, so much more than killing cancer.   It has been a lesson in trust, which is a word I ponder often these days.   Can I really believe the promises of God?   Does God punish people?   Will He do what I want?   What if He doesn't?
 It must have been beyond  frustrating for Jesus when He would explain over and over who He was and why He came and still people wouldn't trust... even after witnessing miracles.  I see myself in these unbelievers and am convicted that I must either fully trust or turn away altogether.  Half trusting just doesn't work.   I've tried.

I continue to marvel at the many amazing things happening in Kev's body.   His levels are normalizing, and he didn't need any platelets on Monday, which was the determining factor for whether or not he could return to work!   He is so glad to be doing some normal things again and of course, so am I.  :-)

 The appointments will become fewer and less frequent now (and so will my blog posts),  and he will begin maintenance chemotherapy in October.  He is going to start seeing a pain doctor for some palliative care on his back, which he fractured last summer. His hair is starting to grow back, but he's really jonesing for his facial hair to speed up and get growing.  (I think he looks cute, but I guess he misses the occasional "you look like Ryan Reynolds" comments).

 Since this cancer carries the dreaded label, "incurable," please continue to pray.   Pray for a cure. Pray for new drugs to treat this. And pray that the Holy Spirit gives us strength to trust Jesus.

There is so much more I want to say. Maybe another day or a cup of coffee sometime. Thanks for journeying with us, and thanks for caring enough to read my words  :-)

 Love to you,
 Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Kristin, God bless you and Kevin and your precious daughters. You all will continue to be in my prayers as Kevin gains strength and continues his treatments with faith and hope.

    Love,
    Kathleen Herrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristin Let's try something! There are unknown numbers of people traveling down this same road that could use this story for incouragement. I'll pass along your blog to those that I discover are struggling and need a little help believing that faith can help smooth out the bumpy road. Hope you will do the same--No, I know you will do the same! And let's all not forget that this journey is not complete for any of us until we move from this world to our final destination!

    God bless you Kristin and Kevin for allowing us to share this part of your journey.

    Ken & Shellane

    ReplyDelete